Statement of Faith
A Bible-believing, Spirit-filled Church that enjoys the manifest presence of God
CCTOF embraces the fullness God’s Spirit and gifts. We embrace the Bible as the Word of God and the historical central beliefs of the Church as manifested in the Apostles and Nicene Creeds as Biblical expressions of doctrine.*
In addition, this is what we believe in…
- Jesus is Center. CCTOF is a place “Where JESUS is the Main Attraction.” We are driven by purpose, not personality. People are drawn here because the presence of God is here richly.
- Freedom of Worship. We believe whoever you are; you should be able to meet God wherever you are in your walk with Him. The altar is always open and someone is always available to pray with you.
- Prophetic Prayer. Prayer is central at CCTOF. The Church is built on prayer and endeavors to remain a House of Prayer for All. Because prayer is central, it does not matter where you come from—all are welcome and equal at the feet of Jesus.
- Gift-Based Ministry. There is a call on ALL believers in Ephesians 4 to work in ministry. We believe every Christian has a gift and a calling, and we endeavor to inspire and arm you to work in your gifting. We are a five-fold ministry church. As states in Ephesians 4:11f, God has set some to be Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers. Likewise, as Romans 12 and 1 Corinthians 12 states, There is a call on each of us.
- Servant Leadership. We are all called to be followers of Christ, not leaders in our own right. At CCTOF we believe in leading by serving, leading by example, and leading by following Christ “who came not to be served, but to serve.”
- Together. We believe we can achieve more together. We embrace a team approach to ministry that empowers people to serve.
- Mutual Fellowship. We believe in the power of one another to help each other hear and do the will of God through mutual encouragement and mutual prayer.
- Family. We are a family-centered church. Whether your family is big or a “family of one,” or whether you are married or single, you are family here. The first time you come, you’re family.
*For a more detailed expression of our beliefs, please refer to the Articles of Religion and the Social Creed for the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church (http://www.thecmechurch.org/methodistbeliefs.htm)